During the 1940’s—early 1950’s Our Lady of Lourdes was the only parish serving the Catholic community of South Brevard County. Fr. Brush founded our parish school in 1953 with the construction of a four-classroom building. The first enrollment was one hundred and five students. The school continued under lay teachers until 1954
when two Sisters of St. Dominic from Adrian, Michigan arrived.
Fr. Joseph Barry was appointed pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes in 1955. During his administration, much work was done in the area of parish expansion. Eight classrooms were added to the original four and the site of the new convent was purchased (this is this Ministries Building today). In 1957 a building which was originally called a cafetorium, was built on the northwest corner of Hickory Street and Fee Avenue. The intent was that this building would serve as both an auditorium and cafeteria for the school. At the same time, the original church was grossly overcrowded. To alleviate this situation, the cafetorium was altered so that it could be used as a Church. This building is used as our Parish Hall today. The hope was that at some time in the future, a separate Church Building would be erected on the site of the original Church. Mass in this new church was first celebrated
on Christmas Eve, 1957.
The school as we see it today was completed in 1958.